Mohamed Salah planning to sign new Liverpool contract, reveals Egypt sports minister
Liverpool have yet to reach an agreement with Salah over a new deal, which expires next year, and reports have claimed that the 29-year-old turned down a contract worth £400,000 a week.
Salah’s agent is still in talks with Liverpool and reports over the weekend claimed that both parties are now close to agreeing a new four-year contract.
In an interview with Egyptian radio on Monday, Sobhi revealed that he personally advised Salah to leave Liverpool during a conversation with the forward after Egypt’s defeat to Senegal in their World Cup play-off last week.
But Sobhi claims that Salah’s plan is to extend his stay at Anfield.
‘I met with Mohamed Salah at the airport after the end of the Senegal match and the failure to reach the World Cup finals and said to him to forget what happened and focus on what’s next,’ Sobhi told Egyptian radio on Monday.
‘I have advised him to continue his journey at a club other than Liverpool, but his direction now is to renew his contract with Liverpool. Read More...