Serbia in disbelief after second mass shooting in a week kills 8
Serbia was in disbelief Friday after at least eight people were killed and 14 others injured in the country's second mass shooting this week.
One suspect has so far been arrested following an hourslong manhunt throughout the night, the police said.
Hours earlier, near Mladenovac – about 60 kilometers (37 miles) south of the capital – a 21-year-old gunman armed with an automatic weapon opened fire from a moving vehicle before fleeing, state-run RTS television reported.
The shooting spree spread across three separate villages in the area, according to the state media outlet.
The shooting prompted a manhunt through the night as police combed the woods near the capital Belgrade. An Agence France-Presse (AFP) photographer saw a helicopter circling overhead with a spotlight appearing to search for the fugitive gunman.
"Following a wide search police arrested U.B.," police said in a statement, using only the suspect's initials.
"He is suspected to have killed 8 and injured 14 people overnight. The injured are hospitalized."
RTS said the man had been arrested near Kragujevac, a city in central Serbia. Read More…