Minister Czarnek denies the fake news about the HiT textbook: We have pluralism, democracy in Poland, we don't impose anything on anyone
Opposition deputies accused of irregularities in the selection of a textbook for the new school subject - History and Present. The Ministry of Education denies the allegations and explains that in order for the book prepared by the author and the publisher to become a textbook, it must be approved for school use by the Ministry of Education and Science. The procedure is multi-stage. We have pluralism and democracy in Poland, we do not impose anything on anyone, said the Minister of Education and Science, Przemysław Czarnek, when asked on TVP Info about textbooks for history and the present.
History and the present is a new school subject; will be introduced in secondary schools from the school year 2022/2023.
We are able to prove and this is what you have on the boards that we were dealing with the process of pushing Mr. Roszkowski through the process of admitting the textbook, let me remind you, who was a PiS MEP, and at the same time blocking the remaining textbooks. If we look at the people who reviewed Mr. Roszkowski's textbook, in the first instance we dealt with one positive, one conditional and one negative opinion.
- said Katarzyna Lubnauer at the press conference on the findings of the inspection of the HiT textbook.
The position on this matter was issued by the Ministry of Education and Science.
So far, applications have been submitted for admission to school use of three history and present textbooks. The textbook of the Biały Kruk publishing house has already been approved, the reviewers have been appointed for the textbook of WSiP, and the process of assigning them to the textbook of the SOP Oświatowiec Toruń Publishing House is ongoing.
- MEiN reported.
The manual selection procedure consists of several stages.
The so-called manual prototype is sent to MEiN, which appoints three reviewers (two issuing substantive opinions and one - linguistic opinion). Each of them, after receiving the text of the handbook, has 30 days to prepare an opinion. They can be positive, conditionally positive, and negative. The procedure ends with the receipt of an approval number.
As of today (July 12), three applications have been submitted to MEiN for admission to the school's use of the textbook for HiT.
- said the press spokeswoman of the Ministry of Education and Science Adrianna Całus.
On May 12, 2022, the first application was submitted. It was the request of the Wydawnictwo Biały Kruk Sp. z o . o . A textbook entitled "History and Present. Textbook for high schools and technical schools. Grade 1. 1945-1979" by prof. Wojciech Roszkowski was admitted to school use on July 1 and entered into the list of textbooks under No. 1145/1/2022.
The second application - Calus reported - on June 22, 2022, was submitted by Wydawnictwa Szkolne i Pedagogiczne SpóÅ‚ka Akcyjna. The title of the textbook is: “History and the present. Textbooks. High school and technical school. Part 1.". The authors are Izabella Modzelewska-Rysak, Leszek Rysak, Karol WilczyÅ„ski and Adama Cisek. Read More…